The Purchasing Assistant is responsible for the ordering of various materials, supplies, and equipment and the follow through with vendors to ensure proper delivery/shipment. This position will also work on various projects related to purchasing and cost reduction. The Purchasing Clerk reports directly to the Purchasing Manager.
- Review internal purchase requisitions
- Negotiate pricing, availability, quality, terms & conditions
- Place purchase orders for materials and supplies
- Compose Purchase orders
- Check and resolve any discrepancies
- Daily follow-up: Expedite deliveries
- Keep accurate records and files
- Post receipts of orders
- Purchase a variety of materials, supplies, and equipment as required to support daily business operations and the production of electronic controls equipment
- Coordinate with warehouse and field for deliveries
- Assist warehouse with inventory reports
- Verify purchase requisitions
- Interact with multiple departments to verify inventory counts, received product, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Minimum of 1 year in a purchasing, supply chain/operations, administrative or related role
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – must be able to communicate verbally and in writing
- Strong organization skills – must be able to prioritize and balance multiple tasks
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to be discreet and handle confidential information.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to work under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Emotional maturity
- Prior purchasing experience in an electronics and/or manufacturing company is a plus.
- Basic understanding of inventory movement and the ability to read technical drawings is preferred
- Knowledge of the Telecom or Controls industry
- Previous purchasing experience a plus